I really am not being a bah humbug, I am filled with enthusiasm for the New Year, it feels fresh and exciting and a whole new year is stretched out in front of me, full of potential opportunities and hopefully contentment.
But what I am refusing to do is, make unobtainable resolutions, I am not going to raise my bar too far too high, knowing that, for this year, perhaps they will be unachievable.
I am all into positive thinking, but I am all into not trying make myself fall before I have started.
I am going into the New Year, with positivity and a mindset, that I will be making changes to my lifestyle, but I will be making achievable changes.
I know there is a school of thought that if you do not challenge yourself and raise the bar , then you are not try hard enough, but I KNOW ME, I have loved with myself for nearly fifty years and I know my limits, I know that I am all go go go, but I can lose steam and fall back into my ‘couch potato’ persona, but you know what IT DOES NOT MATTER, because I know that I can pick myself up again.
Am I making sense? I hope so!
After all that, I do have some idea that I am going to supplement my day-to-day life with and I will show you –
- Qigong – a holistic system of coordinated body posture and movement, breathing, and meditation used for health, spirituality, and martial arts training(wikipedia)
- Try to stop self-deprecation, too fat, too wrinkly, that type of thing
- experimenting with my diet – meaning, trying some different foods and stop being scared of change and experimentation. Also try to eat less meat.
- Meditation – have dabbled with this but want to really give it ‘a go’ as it were
- Read more, I know for a book blogger, that sounds crazy, but sometimes, I actually spend more time on the PC looking at books, than reading them!
- Focus on what I have and not what I want all the time
- Try to lose some weight – I know this is on a lot of lists, but I am not going to go crazy with exercise and stop eating, I wish to gradually lose weight via re jiggling my diet (point 3) so that they stay off and do more exercise, whether that means a walk around the block, a ten minute jog in front of the TV or something like YOGA
- Try to spend less time on the PC – sounds odd right? for a blogger, but it’s my aim
- Find a creative outlet / hobby – Blogging is a hobby to me and I love it, but I am thinking about something a tad more in the sewing / knitting department
I think that is enough.. don’t you!
What about you? Do you have any plans for this New Year?